Stocks and Shares ISA
ISAs (Individual Savings Accounts) are tax-efficient 'wrappers' to help protect your investments from Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax. Handelsbanken Wealth Management offer a range of ISA solutions to help you make the most of your annual tax allowances.
Whether you are looking to manage your own investments via Self Select or would prefer a little more guidance from a Handelsbanken Wealth Management client director we have a solution to meet your needs.
Stocks & Shares ISA at a glance
- The maximum ISA subscription for the 2016/17 tax year is £15,240, rising to £20,000 in 2017/18
- A tax-efficient way of investing - no capital gains tax or income tax to pay
- Access to a range of global Multi Asset Funds to match your investment needs and risk appetite
- Flexibility to make contributions by lump sum or regular savings
- Secure online access to your portfolio and recent transactions
Options to invest in a Stocks and Shares ISA
- Choose your own investments: Self Select
If you are comfortable with making your own investment decisions, we offer Self Select access to Heartwood funds, which enables you to transfer existing ISA portfolios; or just simply use this year’s allowance in a stocks and shares ISA.
Please note that this service is only available to existing Handelsbanken customers. You can access this service by logging on to Individual Online Banking and choosing Investments, then Self Select; or speak to your account manager.
- Tailored advice and planning: Wealth Management
Making investment decisions is not for everyone, and for customers who are not comfortable doing so then a Handelsbanken Wealth Management client director is able to provide wide-ranging, carefully researched advice. They will work with you to use ISAs, where appropriate, as part of your investments, within an integrated financial plan.
Please note that advice fees would be applicable and would be discussed with you in advance.
Transferring an existing ISA
If you have an existing cash or stocks and shares ISA with another provider but would like to transfer these to us, your client director will be able to help you to transfer your ISAs in a simple and stress-free way.
Any transfers of existing ISAs made in earlier years do not affect the amount that may also be subscribed in 2016/17.
Please note that you should not directly withdraw funds from your current ISA to transfer to us, as you will lose the tax benefit.